Have you prepared your Diwali and Dhanteras shopping list? The festival season is returning and this year, we all will be more excited to shop and exchange gifts. Do you know why? Because the pandemic pushed us indoors the last year and we couldn’t meet, greet, and enjoy like we used to. And you are looking for unique gift items for Diwali to share the festive joy with your loved ones. Right?
Here we will explore some amazing Diwali gift ideas 2021 after we recall some details about the season. The way Indians shop and celebrate festivals tells a lot about the vibe of this time of the year. The shops all around are well lit and everything’s so blingy. And many people love festivals because they just love shopping around.
Shopping for Diwali – The Festival of Lights
Diwali is a traditional Indian festival often referred to as “The Festival of Lights.” Families come together, eat together, and celebrate the days by exchanging gifts and memories.
From the religious aspect, there are different reasons why people celebrate the festival.
- In Ramayana, the Hindu epic, Lord Rama came back to Ayodhya after spending 14 years in exile and defeating Ravana.
- Jains celebrate Diwali as Mahavira’s soul’s Nirvana. Vardhamana Mahavira is the last (24th) Tirthankara of the Jains.
- Sikhs celebrate Diwali as Bandi Chhor Diwas in relation to a historic event. On this day, Mughal emperor Jahangir released the sixth Sikh guru, Sri Guru Hargobind Singh Ji, with 52 other Hindu kings from captivity.
And there are many more events and reasons associated with the celebration of this festival. However, there’s one thing common above all, shopping for the best gift items for Diwali. And yes, we know you are here to explore options for the same. Stay tuned and you will see options for your Diwali shopping list and the best Diwali offers.
When are Diwali and Dhanteras Celebrated?
The Diwali festive season starts with Dhanteras (Dhanvnatari Trayodashi or Dhanatrayodashi). In Kartik month (according to the Hindu calendar), Krishna Paksha’s 13th lunar day marks the day of Dhanteras. On this day, people worship lord Dhanvnatari. Hindu Mythology states that lord Dhanvantari emerged with Amrit (elixir) and sacred Ayurveda texts in each hand during Samudra Manthan. People consider buying gold and silver on this day brings prosperity and wealth.
The next day marks Chhoti Diwali (Naraka Chaturdashi), a celebration of Satyabhama’s (Lord Krishna’s consort) triumph over Narakasura. This follows the day of Diwali, the 15th day of Kartik month (new moon or Amavasya). Devotees worship Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi on this day.
In 2021, Dhanteras will be celebrated on November 2 and Diwali on November 4. Amavasya Tithi starts exactly at 06:03 hours on November 4, 2021, and ends at 02:44 hours on November 5, 2021.
But not everyone waits for the festival day to start shopping. Quite possible, people have already started looking for or buying from one or the other Diwali sale online. You might also be planning for gifts and items to buy this Dhanteras and Diwali. If not, here you can find some unique gift items for Diwali.
Things to Buy this Dhanteras
As we know Dhanteras is the first day of the 5-day Diwali festival but Diwali shopping online begins way before the day. With wealth being a focus, people usually buy gold/silver coins or plan for long-term wealth through investments. Besides, people also shop for ornaments and household items on the day.
Haven’t yet thought of what to buy on Dhanteras this year? consider adding the following to your Dhanteras shopping list.
Gold and Silver – A Preferred Buy for Dhanteras
Gold and silver are always great investments. And when it’s Dhanteras, you can use the opportunity to convert some of your money into gold or silver. Depending on your budget, you can buy coins or bars of gold or silver, starting from as low as 1 gram.
Buying Link: Coins and Bars (Gold and Silver)
Or you can gift the beautiful lady in your home a sparkling piece of jewelry. Browsing through stores and jumping between options can be confusing. Check the DISHIS diamond stud earring pair on Amazon with a screw back. Carrying a 0.46 carat, brillient cut, Zircon stone, it will make your lady look prettier. It is available in metal options including rose gold, yellow gold, and white gold. Plus, you can also choose from 14K and 18K metal stamp options while placing the order. And don’t worry about quality, you will get a certificate of authenticity delivered along with the earrings.
Buying Link: DISHIS Diamond Stud Earring for Women
Utensils – Things to Buy for Home on Dhanteras
- Stainless Steel Dinner Set: This dinner set is another must-buy for this Dhanteras. The Classic Essentials dinner set packs stainless steel utensils featuring a floral print. Stain-resistance, freezer-safe, and dishwasher-safe are some of its amazing features. The set contains 61 pieces that are enough for a family get-together or serving a couple of guests. Don’t miss the deal for your home. Or you can also gift it to a family you are close to.
Buying Link: Classic Essentials Glory Stainless Steel Dinner Set
Unique Gift Items for Diwali
Diwali signifies a new, good, and positive beginning. And many people consider it as the perfect time to shop for home or innovative Diwali gift hampers.
We have listed a few things that should be on your Diwali shopping list this year.
- LED String Decorative Lights: How can the festival of lights be complete without lights? Take home these decorative lights to add sparkle for the festive days. The yellow string LED lights from RUMPES will make any place look fantastic and warm. Low electricity consumption, long life, smooth quality, and perfectly finished design make them a perfect pick.
- Handmade Diyas: Call it a tradition or a culture but no lights can replace the essence of lighting diyas on Diwali. It all started with the residents of Ayodhya celebrating Lord Rama’s return by lighting diyas all across. ThirstyGuys Handmade Clay Diya Set is a pack of 12 multicolor diyas with bright acrylic hand paintings. They are perfectly sized with dimensions of 4*4*8 cm and the pack weighs 200gms.
- Pooja Thali: For Diwali pooja, you need a thali. And getting one with some appeal can add more to the celebration. Consider this silver-plated set of pooja thali in a traditional design. The 8-inch thali is made in India and carries everything you need for the ritual. Plus, you can also use it on other occasions like Bhai Dooj or present it as a unique gift item for Diwali.
Top Sales to Buy Unique Gift Items for Diwali
You won’t disagree that the festival of lights kickstarts a massive shopping season. It has become a kind of cultural ritual to give gifts to near and dear ones. Moreover, offices conduct Lakshmi puja and provide Diwali bonuses and gifts to their employees. Keeping these celebrations in mind, eCommerce sites and shopping marts participate in the Diwali offer and sales season.
Some of the biggest Diwali Sales Online include:
- Amazon Great Indian Festival: You all know Amazon. And you also hear about the Great Indian Festival sale. Amazon lets you shop from over 17 crore products at great prices and deals in India. Every year, this special Amazon Diwali sale brings cash back rewards, credit/debit card offers, and exciting launches. During the sale, it also introduces Golden hour deals with special discounts.
And you can take advantage of Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale to buy unique gifts for Diwali. Bookmark this page to know when the sale goes live.
- Flipkart Big Billion Days: Flipkart gives direct competition to Amazon in India with over 100 million Indian shoppers. Flipkart Diwali Sale, the Big Billion Days, comes with the best year-end deals on mobiles, laptops, electronics, fashion, and more. Moreover, Flipkart Plus members get early access to the sales and offers.
That’s another place you can explore to get the best Diwali offers and gift items.
- Nykaa Diwali Sale: Nykaa is a premier online beauty app that allows you to choose from over 1 lakh products and 850+ brands. On Diwali, Nykaa brings an opportunity for its brand lovers to buy their favorite beauty products online with great offers. You can avail around 30-40% discount on the popular makeup and skincare brands.
What’s on Your Unique Gifts for Diwali List?
Did you like that list of Dhanteras shopping and Diwali gifts? If you have something you think deserves to be on the list, let us know. Enjoy shopping for the best Diwali deals online. Get the best for you this festive season.
By the way, do you know Bhai Dooj is on the day next to Diwali (6 November 2021)? And here, you can check out some great gifts for sisters.